Applications to the Ph.D. program must include ALL of the following:
- Completed application forms, including a personal statement. Apply online to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences here.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of reference, with at least two from former professors or individuals who can evaluate academic preparation.
- Results from a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken in the last five years. LSAT scores may be accepted in lieu of GRE scores if the test was taken in the last five years. Use school code 2926 to have your official scores sent directly to us.
- Writing Sample, 20 pages maximum.
- FOREIGN NATIONALS: Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for those who do not have transcripts with one year of study at an English-speaking university.
Deadline: Applications for the Ph.D. program will be accepted from October 1st-December 15th for admission in the upcoming academic year.
NOTE: We encourage interested persons to submit applications early in light of the strong interest being expressed in the program.
All applicants to the Ph.D. program are considered for full funding. No separate application is required to apply for aid.