Applications to the Masters Program MUST include the following:
- Completed application forms, including a personal statement. Apply online to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences here.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of reference, with at least two from former professors or individuals who can evaluate academic preparation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken in the last five years. LSAT scores may be accepted in lieu of GRE scores if the test was taken in the last five years. Use school code 2926 to have your official scores sent directly to us.
- Individuals with an undergraduate degree from Penn are not required to submit GRE or LSAT scores in order to apply to the M.S. program.
- FOREIGN NATIONALS: Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for those who do not have transcripts with one year of study at an English-speaking university.
U.S. Deadline: Applications for the M.S. Program will be accepted from October 1st through May 15th for fall admission.
International Student Application Deadline: May 1st, 2019
Students in the Criminology Masters program are eligible for departmental and research grants when available. Admissions offers cannot be tied to the full financial support.
Loans are also available. Information about loans can be found here.