Apply to the Masters Program
Applications to the Masters Program MUST include the following:
- Completed application forms, including a personal statement. Apply online to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences here.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Three letters of reference, with at least two from former professors or individuals who can evaluate academic preparation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken in the last five years. LSAT scores may be accepted in lieu of GRE scores if the test was taken in the last five years.
- Individuals with an undergraduate degree from Penn are not required to submit GRE or LSAT scores in order to apply to the M.S. program.
- FOREIGN NATIONALS: Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for those who do not have transcripts with one year of study at an English-speaking university.
U.S. Deadline: Applications for the M.S. Program will be accepted from October 1st, 2016 through June 30th, 2017.
International Student Application Deadline: May 15, 2017.
Students in the Criminology Masters program are eligible for
fellowships or assistantships on research grants as available. Limited
financial aid is also available. However, admissions offers cannot be tied to
full financial support.
Loans are also available. Information about loans can be found here.